Mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. If you have an oven then you absolutely need to make this. Your friends will also love you (if you are nice enough to share). You can also consider freezing this in portions that are quick and easy to heat up when you’re in the mood for something cheesy.
The paprika topping is definitely optional considering it isn’t a spice that most students would keep in their kitchen, but I recommend it if you want a slightly spicy smokey flavor that will keep you coming back for more. This is meant to be a side dish, but no one will judge you if you decide to eat an entire tray of it in one sitting.This is another recipe stolen from my mother so blame her if you can’t get enough of it!
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 Box of Elbow Macaroni
- 8 Ounces of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Ounces of Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 4 Ounces of Softened Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
- Season Salt
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil macaroni until al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent it from cooking further, place to the side.
- In a large pot, add milk and butter and heat to a simmer.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and add to pot. Stir.
- Add shredded cheese slowly while mixing so it melts evenly. Leave about 1/2 of a cup to the side for topping.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Add macaroni and mix evenly.
- Place mac and cheese mixture into a large baking dish.
- Top with the rest of the shredded cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The cheese will be bubbling and the edges will be slightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!